Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions – Quilter Community Panel
Your use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions without notice. Please check back from time to time to ensure you are aware of any updates or changes to these terms.
“We” or “us” refers to the administration and moderation team that run the website, including LRWTonic Ltd (“Tonic”) on behalf of Quilter PLC, and their respective subsidiaries, associated companies, affiliates and agents.
Registration is free and open only to users (those over 18 years old) invited via email. You are permitted to use ONE account only.
Your email address
If you close your email account, or if it becomes inactive for any other reason, or if we find you have used an invalid account, you may be removed from the community.
We are not responsible for any content posted by community members. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any member's contribution.
The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Quilter PLC, Tonic or any of their respective affiliates. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, if we determine that removal is necessary. If you find any comment that you believe may contain inappropriate material, contact us by emailing the panel provider, Tonic: firstname.lastname@example.org and explaining when and where the comment was posted on the site so that we may quickly take any necessary action.
All administrators and moderators have an absolute right to delete, move, edit or otherwise change any post added to this community, as necessary, in order to maintain the positive spirit of the activities.
Release as to Image and Works
Throughout the community you may be asked to submit images, videos, ideas and your feedback / opinions on certain topics. By agreeing to the terms and conditions of the site, you give your consent to Quilter PLC and Tonic to use your content (as stated above) for internal Quilter PLC purposes and / or for sharing with other interested third parties, including, but not limited to, marketing agencies who work with Quilter PLC. You hereby assign to Quilter PLC with full title guarantee all of your right, title and interest in all intellectual property rights ("IPR") in all of the material you have consented for Quilter PLC and Tonic to use as per this paragraph ("Works") completely free from any encumbrances, for the full period of such IPR. You shall waive all moral rights in the Works. You shall do all such things and sign all such documents as are necessary to assign the Works to Quilter PLC at your own expense.
You agree to not post your personal details (e.g. telephone number, email address, etc.) and that you will not post content to the community which will infringe any third party’s Intellectual Property, cause injury to or invade the privacy of any third party, constitutes a misuse of any confidential information of a third party or is defamatory, abusive or offensive, or is in any way contrary to applicable law. Examples of such prohibited content include, but are not limited to:
• Deliberately inflammatory comments or media (commonly referred to as ‘trolling’)
• Xenophobia, racism or personal abuse directed at other community members
• Any defamatory comments or media concerning any person (community members or otherwise)
• Obscene or pornographic material, or links to other sites that contain or promote obscene or pornographic material
• Discussion of how to circumvent copyright / any other law
• Posting information that may invade the personal privacy of any other person
• Commercial advertising, or the promotion of your own site (‘spamming’) any person or misrepresenting your identity or affiliation with any person
• Any material that promotes pyramid or referral schemes
Additionally the following actions are not allowed:
• Attempting to bypass the auto-censor (by deliberately misspelling swear words)
• Any form of cyber bullying
You agree to indemnify Quilter PLC and Tonic from any claim, loss, damage or expense (including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees) suffered as a result of your failure to comply with the provisions of this term relating to the content you submit. Your liability under this clause is unlimited as you have control over the content you submit and need to take responsibility for it.
As part of your involvement in the Quilter community, you acknowledge that you may have access to information that is confidential and valuable to Quilter PLC and its Company subsidiaries and / or associated companies and / or its employees, customers, advisers and / or business partners (“Associates”). You agree that, as a condition of your involvement in the community, you shall keep such information confidential in accordance with the terms set out in these terms and conditions.
"Confidential Information" means all information, data and know-how of whatever nature and in whatever form, including, but not limited to, financial, legal, business, commercial, technical, operational, product, asset, network, organisational, management, employee, customer, supplier, investor and proprietary information (such as intellectual property, trade secrets, patents, patent applications, inventions, trademarks, drawings, materials, processes, engineering concepts, designs and specifications, developments, technical information (including CAD data), research, knowledge, technology, inventions, discoveries, improvements and other proprietary, intellectual or industrial property, regarding or related to Quilter PLC and / or its Associates, which may be supplied orally or in writing or in any other form by Quilter PLC and / or its Associates before or after the date of this Agreement.
You agree and accept the following:
1. You shall keep confidential and not disclose to any third party the Confidential Information unless required to do so by a Court order
2. You shall not make nor authorise the making of any copies of the Confidential Information and shall not use in any way nor authorise any third party to use in any way the Confidential Information. You shall ensure adequate protection against unauthorised disclosure, copying or use of Confidential Information
3. The restrictions on use and disclosure set out in paragraphs a and b above will not apply to any Confidential Information which at the date of its disclosure to you is (i) public knowledge other than as a result of an act or omission on your part; or (ii) is already in your possession (as evidenced by its written records) prior to its disclosure, and the use and disclosure of such information is not subject to any obligation of confidentiality or restriction
4. You will upon demand by a representative of Quilter PLC: (a) return all Confidential Information supplied to you and all copies which are in your possession or under your control; or (b) destroy (only if requested by Quilter PLC) or have destroyed all notes, memoranda and other documents or computer files or records prepared by you which contain Confidential Information. If requested and where applicable, you will also provide a certificate signed by an officer of the company certifying that the above has been complied with
The confidentiality obligations upon you contained in this agreement shall apply indefinitely regardless of whether you withdraw from the community.
Any other questions?
If you require any further information about these terms & conditions / privacy statement contact:
LRWTonic Quilter Community support email address:
+44 (0) 20 3196 2014
27 Provost St, Hoxton, London N1 7NH
If you wish to contact Old Mutual International Directly, please email us at email@example.com